Pottery Breaks with Tarka Pottery
TARKA POTTERY is North Devon's most exciting and inspiring clay experience studio. Located in beautiful countryside with stunning views, this is a great opportunity to come and learn pottery in our well-equipped ceramics studio.
Whether you're a beginner or have some experience with clay, our pottery courses are designed to be relaxed and enjoyable. Our resident potter Jax Williams gives helpful and friendly instruction on some traditional pottery techniques such as pinch and coil pots or throwing on the wheel. Each course is tailored to the individual or group taking part.
You can book a pottery break with or without self-catering accommodation. Suitable for hobby potters wishing to develop their skills or absolute beginners wanting to learn to throw or create with hand building techniques.
- Self-catering pottery breaks at Glebe Cottage are generally available all year round
You can book 2 or 3 nights accommodation with 2 days pottery tuition for 1 - 4 people
- We also offer pottery tuition without accommodation, ideal for a larger group of those staying with family or friends
For either option, the day would begin around 10am with an introduction, preparation of clay and outline of a schedule for the day. We would work through the morning and have a break for lunch. In the afternoon we continue with clay work which will include an introduction to decorating techniques such as slips and glazing.
- 1 person on one day course £95, additional participant £85 each
- 1 person per two day course £170, additional participant £145 each
Self Catering Accommodation in Glebe Cottage:
If you would like accommodation, Glebe Cottage accommodates up to 4 people (plus a cot).
When booking a pottery course for one or two days, the accommodation rates are:
- 2 nights £199
- 3 nights £249
- Additional nights added onto your stay £50 per night.